More Gluten Free Latkes, Please
Because Hannukah celebrates the miracle of the oil, it is also tradition to eat foods fried in oil during Hanukkah, such as latkes during the holiday. Here is a really quick and easy recipe adapted thanks to Costco’s Premium Hashbrown Potatoes.
- 2 boxes of Premium Hashbrown Potatoes
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup medium sweet onion
- 1 egg
- 3 T Bob’s Red Mill GF flour
- Olive Oil
- Follow directions on the box of potatoes by adding hot water to line and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Add onions and egg to potatoes.
- In a small bowl combined salt, baking powder and flour.
- Add this to the potato mixture.
- Heat a skillet with olive oil, enough to cover the surface.
- Add one generous scoop of the potato mixture into hot oil and brown on both sides. Repeat with rest of the mixture.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge and warm in the oven when ready to eat.
Comments are closed.